We respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our Services, and this page describes how we use data collected, and for what purposes.
This policy applies to the following websites and products (collectively, the "Services"):
- All routes starting with '/peacock' on backend.rdil.rocks.
- Any content displayed on thepeacockproject.org
- Data sent to us when using the Peacock Server.
What data do we collect?
When you view any of the pages this policy covers, exactly which page, as well as your IP address, and the time gets logged by us. This practice is typical and used by most websites. This information is stored on our servers for a maximum of 72 hours.
When complete a level in-game when leaderboards are enabled, your score and other details about your session will be sent to us and stored indefinitely.
What do we use this data for?
We use this data for purposes including:
- Assigning roles based on ownership status in the Discord server
- Keeping track of leaderboard positions and statistics, and for moderation of these leaderboards.
Request deletion of your data
Please contact a project admin on Discord, or email admin [at symbol] thepeacockproject [dot] org.
Opting out where possible
The Peacock server has the built-in capability as of recently released versions to opt out of certain features that may collect personal information.
To opt out of leaderboard data being submitted to our servers, run the server once, then edit the generated
options.ini file, setting the
leaderboardsOptOut value to
To opt out of update checking, run the server once, then edit the generated
options.ini file, setting the
updateChecking value to
Legal bases for information collection/usage
A note here for those in the European Union about legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our Services on your device; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent.
How we share information
We do not sell our users' private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of The Peacock Project, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
Responsible disclosure of data breaches
In the case that any data collected is ever leaked, we will try our best to notify the affected users. Please note that we may not be able to contact you if you leave the Discord server, disable Discord direct messages, or fail to check Discord when we inform you.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Use of data by third parties
Our infrastructure makes use of third parties which may process or retain your data, the privacy policies of those Services can be found at:
Updates to this policy
This policy was created on May 5th, 2021. This policy may change without notice at any time. We advise regularly checking it for any updates that may affect you. You can view the history of this policy here.
Ask a question
To ask a question about this policy, please follow the instructions outlined under the "Request deletion of your data" section.